HumberPort is a partnership of leading port-based businesses (port operators, shipping lines and logistics service providers) committed to promoting the benefits of a powerful ports cluster offering optimal access to and from the north of the UK as ONE port. The HumberPort partnership accounts for some of Europe’s largest integrated shipping and logistics networks, providing supply chain solutions around the clock.
The RMS Group
HumberPort is the UK’s largest, multi-purpose ports complex, serving the north of the UK. Through our access points on the Humber Estuary, we offer unrivalled access to the northern UK markets, in terms of travel time, distance and ultimately cost.
HumberPort’s location at the end of the M62 corridor, and proximity to key Yorkshire freight (road and rail) distribution centres, offers the logical choice for container traffic accessing the UK.
Map of the Humber
- Proximity and strong connectivity to mainland Europe enables efficient access to the rest of the world.
- Ideal location within 200 miles of London and Edinburgh enables businesses to reduce transportation costs, dead hosting, delivery times and carbon emissions.
- Well-connected and less congested road and rail network further reduces transport costs, delivery times and carbon emissions.
- The largest amount of development land in the UK with close proximity to the ports.
- Lower operational costs for manufacturing and distribution facilities around the Humber in comparison with southern UK ports.
- Access to the skills and expertise of the University of Hull Logistics Institute, a world class facility for research, education and industry out reach.
News & events
One year on: Alexandra Dock construction works lay foundation for UK’s low-carbon future
Exactly one year into the construction of the UK’s first ever offshore wind turbine manufacturing, assembly, installation and service facility, the dredging campaign which will allow deeper-drafted vessels to call at ports along the Humber Estuary has also now provided the foundations for the Siemens development at Associated British Ports’ (ABP) Alexandra Dock in Hull….
More industry plaudits for ABP Humber as International Bulk Journal Awards shortlist announced
Following the recent announcement that Associated British Ports (ABP) Humber’s Alexandra Dock development has been shortlisted for a prestigious National Transport Award (NTA), it’s been revealed that the company’s biomass operations on the Humber have been shortlisted for three International Bulk Journal (IBJ) Awards. ABP was also named Business of the Year at the recent…
New director to deliver continued success for ABP on the Humber
Associated British Ports (ABP) has announced the appointment of Simon Bird to the role of Director Humber. He joins ABP today (Monday) from the Bristol Port Company, where he held the post of Chief Executive for over 15 years. Simon, who prior to joining the Bristol Port Company held senior roles with Mersey Docks and…